Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Let them surprise you

Everyone loves surprises. Maybe not the jump-out-and-scream-"Happy Birthday"-surprises, but surprises in general. Breakfast in bed surprises. Little blue box surprises. Littles putting their own toys away surprises. I like to savor these moments, because they can be few and far between. Today, my littles surprised me by eating tabouleh- that green tiny chopped up salad gracing the plate next to many Mediterranean dishes. Surrounded in a sea of children eating fast food, my little guys were eating tabouleh. True, I bought it for them and they really didn't have another choice, but after the first bite, they came back for more.
Children can be adventurous if we let them. I chose this dish for them because it was the only healthy option I saw, but it's not something I would have considered on my own. I actually don't like the salad myself. Point being, let your children surprise you. Don't decide for them what looks or sounds good- they may be more adventurous than you are. It's time to develop those palates!

No comments:

Post a Comment